Ayahuasca diet & cleansing
To receive the full benefits from the sacred plant medicines that you experience with us, you will need to prepare your body in the weeks leading up to retreat. Eliminating certain foods from your diet will help to reduce the amount of purging needed to rid the body of unwanted toxins. A strict Ayahuasca diet in the weeks before and after retreat requires discipline; admittedly it is not easy to forego enjoyable foods. By doing so however you will be demonstrating your commitment and dedication to the healing process and creating the foundation necessary to effect profound healing of the body, mind and spirit. Likewise, you will need to treat your body with care and respect in the weeks following. It is expected that all serious participants follow the recommended food restrictions listed below; they are important to ensure your safety and maximise the healing potential of the plant medicines. If you are worried that this may difficult for you, please speak with us about your concerns when submitting your application.
Please abstain from the following foods and activities two weeks prior to retreat:
- Sexual activities of any kind, including masturbation
- All street drugs (cocaine, MDMA, amphetamines, etc.)
- Spicy foods
- Ice, ice cream, or ice cold drinks
Please abstain from the following foods in addition to those above one week prior to retreat:
- Reﬁned sugars
- Red meat
- Junk food of any kind
- Salt and pepper (if you must use salt, use it very sparingly)
- Oils (if you must use oil, use olive or coconut oil very sparingly)
- Animal fats (lard, etc.)
- Carbonated and fermented drinks (including diet sodas, energy drinks, non-alcoholic beer and Kombucha)
- Dairy products
- Fermented foods (kimchi, sauerkraut, vinegar, kefir, pickles, yoghurt)
- Caffeine & other stimulants
Ready to journey with us?
Ask us questions about what to expect on retreat, book a free Skype session with us, start your medical screening questionnaire and get set to be profoundly changed.