Online Facilitation Course: a Trauma-Informed Workshop
Apr 17- Apr 19, 2020 ONLINE VIRUAL WORKSHOP
Trauma-Informed Plant Medicine Facilitation Online Workshop
This is an Online Virtual Workshop
Working with the sacred plant medicines (PM) and Ayahuasca can present with enormous psycho-spiritual challenges. Many come to heal and process traumatic experiences through the plant medicines, however, very few plant medicine facilitators, support workers, and integration therapists have training in the foundation and neuroscience of trauma approaches, and most do not know how to respond effectively to the various trauma imprints that arise before, during and after the ceremonial space.
Plant medicines have an enormous power to activate body, psyche, and spirit, releasing that which has been trapped in the unconscious into the light of awareness. However, this often happens ceremonial space in a way that happens too fast or too intensely, and repercussions could be re-traumatizing and even damaging. It requires a great deal of courage, experience, and bravery to navigate skillfully through the process, and, unfortunately, many are trauma survivors who do not have the inner resilience or the skills to do so. Similarly, Plant Medicine and Ayahuasca facilitators can also feel overwhelmed with a lack of resources and a grounded understanding of what to do when various trauma imprints arise, which could be harmful and neglectful to participants.
As Plant Medicine and Ayahuasca facilitators, we have an ethical duty of both responsibility and care to the participant’s health and wellbeing, both before, during and after the ceremonial experience. In doing so, it is fundamental to upskill our understanding of trauma and the nervous system, and learning the best practices to respond effectively to the signs and symptoms of trauma when it arises. Are you ready to take the Plant Medicine Facilitation Course a Trauma-Informed Workshop and change lives?
This 3-day Plant Medicine Facilitation Course: a Trauma-Informed Workshop you will learn:
- Overview of Trauma and the Nervous System, and Polyvagal theory.
- Different types of Trauma which show up frequently: Physical, emotional & sexual abuse and violence, perinatal/ birth trauma, attachment trauma, developmental trauma, and medical trauma.
- Identifying the signs of different types of trauma.
- Tools on how to respond effectively to each category of trauma.
- The body is key: How to listen and support the intelligence of the body to resolve trauma in ceremonial space.
- Self-Regulation and Co-regulation.
- Safety, Resourcing and Grounding.
- Trauma-Informed Language, tone and body language.
- Using Touch as a resource: Consent and Boundaries, different forms of touch, 3 areas of the body for touch work. External touch work.
- Your role as facilitator: Before, During and After.
- Useful tips for supporting the integration process.
Your Facilitator during the Workshop, Atira Tan
Atira is a powerful agent of transformation and change. She has touched the lives of thousands of women, men, and children around the world, supporting them through her 15 years of experience in various somatic and creative trauma recovery approaches. Passionate about creating safer spaces for everybody, and bringing healing and awareness in the “shadowy” arenas of life, Atira has worked as a trauma-informed integration specialist in retreats centers such as the Temple of the Way of Light and is currently the head of integration at AYA Healing Retreats.
Atira has mapped the trauma recovery of hundreds of PM participants in her private practice as an integration specialist and facilitates Trauma-informed and Somatic Experiencing Ayahuasca retreats in Peru. She possesses an MA in Art Therapy, has a background in Transpersonal Art Therapy and Holistic Counselling, and is a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, amongst decades of training in many trauma-informed approaches such as EMDR. Atira has also worked for over a decade internationally in community organizations and international development as a consultant, clinician, and supervisor, as well as an educator in community settings. Read more about Atira Tan >>
“Atira holds a beautiful space that feels incredibly safe to explore and uncover the many layers of experienced trauma. Her intuitive way of working and the practices she guides with have helped me to rewire my entire nervous system. I now have a strong template for how to identify, track, and clear associated trauma behaviours. Her sessions have guided me back home to my body, heart and spirit. I am eternally grateful.”
– Adelina Vaughn, Bodyworker and Energy Healer, USA.
Who is the Online Facilitation Course a Trauma-Informed Workshop for?
This workshop is for individuals who are interested in or are currently facilitating healing spaces with the sacred indigenous and plant medicines. This may include Ayahuasca, Bufo, Kambo, Ibogaine, Wachuma, and Psilocybin. Individuals who are currently working, or interested in plant medicine integration work, as well as facilitation assistants, will also benefit from this workshop.
The Online Format Includes:
- 5 recorded video sessions which you will get to keep.
- 15 hours of big group conferencing over the 16th, 17th and 18th of April (5 hours/ day. AEST Time TBA). We will record the sessions so that if you miss them, we will send you the recordings.
- Your Trauma-Informed PDF manual.
- 1 x 90 min small group private online session with Atira Tan. Groups are limited to 4 per group. These small group sessions provide the opportunity for deeper Q & A and supervision.
- 1 x 30 mins individual coaching/private session with Atira Tan.
Full Price: USD 370
Ready to journey with us?
Ask us questions about what to expect on retreat, book a free Skype session, start your medical screening questionnaire and get set to be profoundly changed.